Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Water Mage

Discussion in 'General' started by BenSenpai, Jul 15, 2013.

1. BenSenpai

BenSenpai New Member

So I'm a water mage on my own server with friends, what do you all think about it being considered "OP"?
  2. 0xNaomi

0xNaomi New Member

I don't know about labels, but it's worth throwing out there that water mage is basically two kinds of upgrade spirits.
    The unholy spirits make health drain on special attacks and is only dropped by *bosses*, while Torrent is similar to wind spirit in that speed (including char movement) goes up with your combo and is dropped by some purple enemies.
    Considering essentially the base mechanic of the class emulates (and can be extended by...) two spirit cubes in tandem, I'd say it's certainly powerful if played well. "Played well" because once you go insanely fast you can very much move so fast you miss and lose the combo.
  3. Tyk

Tyk PvP Moderator

It's considered OP because it has AOE heals (that don't heal much alone, however if in a group it adds up). Plus the other healing skill, the amount it heals is crazy at times. That being said the hard aiming for it I've heard makes up for how much it heals.
  4. 0xNaomi

0xNaomi New Member

Well, if you use the AOE to heal then you have to either have an enemy in the AOE range to keep the combo going or lose your combo - if you rely on Torrent (or wind spirit) then it becomes something you can't very well use until after battle unless you have allies melee'ing the enemy.
  5. Jasquan

Jasquan Member

Water mages... their awesome at soloing... I don't eat anything ever. I just aim below me and spam left-click... or Healing Stream.
    Of course... I'm only level 3 or something... my highest leveled character is my level 6 Rogue. I feel useless. On the other hand, I'm only soloing! :D
  6. BenSenpai

BenSenpai New Member

I have a level 18 and have assigned roles with my friends (I.E: Tank DPS Support Utility Ect...) I feel that being able to heal is extremely important for my Tank and Utility as they lack in damage and mainly are there to kite and add effects/distract the enemies while the DPS does the damage with me helping once I get a streak going.
  7. Kainzo

Kainzo Disposable Hero Supporter IV

I was playing with a group of friends and the watermage kept us up through some crazy stuff and rarely ever pulled aggro.

I like the class a lot but it takes a different player to do well.
  8. BenSenpai

BenSenpai New Member

I agree I don't believe I would be able to just hop into a warrior class after becoming so accustomed to sitting back and healing my teammates, the only time I face damage is when they happen to die and then I just mana shield until they pull the aggro back, I even have a pet turtle to help pull the agro away from me.
  9. K3YD0N

K3YD0N New Member

sounds like my set up. although my turtle never pulls agro i just kill them all before my friend can get back XD