Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Banned for MP Lock

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by Any, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any

Any New Member

IGN #[POOP]#
    Banned by: don't know
    Time of Ban: November 2013
    Server: allthatIknow
    Reason for Ban: MP Lock
    Your Story: I am writing this for my son. Apologies for the time delay since his ban but I just now found this page and the appeal section. He has been quite sad since his ban. He loves cube world. If he did something wrong I would at least like to be able to explain why he got banned. Banning him for doing something he didn't realize was wrong will not make him learn. He says on that day he was giving items he got in the Kings Place to other classes as he is a rogue. Then he hit a person (not happy with that at all!) who was a higher level and then he got banned.
    I have never played cube world so I hope I have explained everything properly. I would ask for an explanation and consideration lifting the ban. I would think he learnt this lesson. Thank you.
  2. Echo 6

Echo 6 Member

um... i dont know what to make of this... more likely on the end that im leaning to not believe a parent wrote this for there child and because apperantly this ban was almost 5 months ago...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Any

Any New Member

You should believe it. His brother promised to find out why he got banned but didn't so far so I'm trying. So to teach the young one the right ways it would be nice for other members not to voice assumptions or personal opinions, I am only after an explanation and possible revision of the ban. Thank you kindly.
  4. Arya

Arya Member

Sorry bro, not a very good impression of your mom. Even if it was, why would a parent waste his or her time on the forum of a cube world server when he or she most likely has work or more important things to do?
  5. Any

Any New Member

Wow, just wow. I can see now why my eldest didn't want to follow up on this. You guys must be very young indeed. Instead of giving me your personal opinions, which is not what I'm after, can I please get an explanation about MP Lock and whether a ban like that can be lifted. A lifelong ban on a game like this seems a bit extreme. Thank you.
  6. Arya

Arya Member

MP Lock can be used in two ways: a program called Cheat Engine or a program called CubeHax. You were probably using CubeHax, because to do it with Cheat Engine is fairly complex and with CubeHax you just click the blue box and it locks. As you know, MP is relayed to the player through a box to the right of the HP bar that contains the numbers 0-100/100. When this bar is full, hacking players like you use their programs to lock, or keep the MP at the same spot no matter what you do. This is called MP Lock. Players use this because of their M2 moves requiring charging of MP to work or to do any damage. The damage the move does increases with the MP, so when players MP lock, they can spam M2 with max damage without having to charge any MP first, as it just resets to 100/100 after it is used. A ban like this can be lifted by a truthful and sincere appeal. Otherwise, it is a lifelong ban. This is to discourage players from breaking the rules; obviously the possibility of ban didn't occur to you.
  7. Any

Any New Member

Thanks for the explanation. I don't understand a word of it. I showed my young one, the look on his face clearly says he doesn't either. What you are describing is way beyond a the scope of a 10 year old. Plus I am finding your tone quite disappointing. First you call me 'Bro' then I'm a hacker. I am neither. I hope you do remember me when you are a parent yourself one day and are faced with a situation like this. Don't bother responding. I can see now that it is for the best that he got banned. I really don't think he was in good company here. We have deleted the game from his computer, and I will not waste my time visiting this forum any more. Have a good life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.