Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Herocube, the first Cubeworld MMORPG server is now in ALPHA mode!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kainzo, Jul 8, 2013.

1. JazzDesignation

JazzDesignation New Member

See this is another reason i just use VPN/private servers... @Kainzo are you able to make the Herocube server private and give out the pass or something?
  2. ZeZeene

ZeZeene The Technomancer Supporter IV

If we were to require a password to access the server, it wouldn't make it all that much harder for hackers and/or cheaters to join the game. As you currently cannot have per-user unique "secret codes" like Herocraft, all it would accomplish it to force users to visit the website. Which, in retrospect, might actually be a good way to both reduce the number of absolute randoms and drive more attention to the website as well.
    The additional piece of software would add a fair bit of overhead though, unless it is bundled with kick-, ban- and tempban-features, all of which can be bundled in a wrapper by utilizing a dynamic non-reloading application firewall.
  3. Kainzo

Kainzo Disposable Hero Supporter IV

Going to work on something like that soon.
  4. JazzDesignation

I know it wouldnt make it much harder, it would just restrict the server somewhat more, and like you said, it would mean people have to visit the forums... You could just not post it on the forums and instead have a similar process to the whitelisting for Herocraft, except that when the user is accepted, they get given the password?
  5. ZeZeene

ZeZeene The Technomancer Supporter IV

Thing is, on Herocraft every user has a unique "secret code" and therefore they can't just give it to others to bypass that part of the application process. Having one single password would just result in it getting spread all around the Internet rendering the whole thing useless.
  6. Kainzo

Ahhh, we broke something, we're fixing it.
  7. Acherous

Acherous New Member

I wish there was a banning mechanism in place. I know it's early alpha but it'd still be nice. I wanna be able to play without the fear of getting jumped to level 30000 :p
  8. JazzDesignation

Yea true..
    Just play on a LAN or VPN server with a few others :p
  9. Kahzo

Kahzo New Member

Yeah I'd just recommend joining a privately hosted server or just be cautious of others if you join the HeroCube one right now. Not much anyone can really do about hackers at the moment though.
  10. Kainzo

Yep, already making the move to private-ize it.
  11. Kahzo

Kahzo New Member

Is this the whitelisting system I presume?
  12. Hopkins

Hopkins New Member

Looking forward to this in the near future bud, keep up the good work.
  13. TheNinth

TheNinth Developer PvP Moderator

Here, use this to set your level back down: Character Editor tool by DatZach