Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Herocube, the first Cubeworld MMORPG server is now in ALPHA mode!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kainzo, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Kainzo

Kainzo Disposable Hero Supporter IV

Greetings Heroes of Cubeworld!

The world's first cubeworld server MMORPG project is taking it's first steps!

If you happen to have an account on http://herocraftonline.com you can use your same user/pass to log into Herocube.net. There will be several things changing in the coming weeks so please check back frequently! Feel free to join VOICE chat with teamspeak3 @ ts.herocube.net

If you are unsure of what Cubeworld is about, you can purchase it here (when the server is online) http://picroma.com/buycubeworld.
    Once you purchase it, you will be able to select a race and then a class. Each class allows for one specialization and we have class forums for you to discuss the varying degrees of awesome with other Cubeworld players!

Warrior | Rogue | Ranger | Mage

There are various forums being created and we will be looking for moderators for the Cubeworld project soon. If you feel you have what it takes, the app section will be open to apply for server staff. We want to thank @Wollay for the beautiful game of Cubeworld and we hope to bring you the most amazing server experience possible!

Right now our server is in private-testing mode. It done so to avoid the mass amount of exploits/hacks that are found in Cubeworld server at this time. We will be accepting users on a whitelist basis at this time. This process will go very slowly because we will have to screen each applicant by hand. If you are interested apply here

See you guys in-game and make sure to vote for us @ http://hc.to/votecube

-Herocube Server Staff

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. IV_

IV_ New Member

I am the first. Ever. P.S. I like the site. Very nicely done.
  3. Kainzo

Thanks :) the site is still undergoing some heavy changes ... more art-sy stuff will be done. It's "usable" now so we might as well let people register and start using it!
  4. ZeZeene

ZeZeene The Technomancer Supporter IV

Why, thank you. It's not even nearly done yet though, there are still some small instabilities here and there and several little-used functions are still a bit awkward to operate. Oh, and the theme isn't even nearly done yet.
    Most of that is being worked on, but due to this forum currently running on pre-release software some functionality is delayed until the final version.
  5. IV_

IV_ New Member

It still functions though, and I like that! :p Background fits with the logo, too. I'll miss it once it gets replaced.
  6. Kahzo

Kahzo New Member

Definitely an awesome looking site, regardless of whether or not it's completed it definitely looks nice.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  7. Acherous

Acherous New Member

I'm hoping wollay will make server caps higher soon. I can never get on herocube D:
  8. JazzDesignation

JazzDesignation New Member

Remember the game is still alpha. (feels like late beta though!) Servers' likely won't get much support til early-mid beta, depending on how much wollay plans to do within Alpha itself!
  9. ZeZeene

It's still early Alpha and the game already has more features than Minecraft. By the time it's done it'll probably have time travel, lasers and cyborg dinosaurs attacking two million players at once.
    Still, an in-game coffee machine would be nice =)
  10. JazzDesignation

Haha yea, but there is still no true support for servers just yet :p It really does feel like it should be a beta, so many features for just an Alpha...
  11. Kainzo

I've found a way to make the server cap higher - it's now at 20/20 players. I will be acquiring hardware soon... we're really not wanting to host a windows dedicated if we dont have to :(
  12. Acherous

Acherous New Member

I'm loving the game so far. When will we be able to apply for staff?
  13. JazzDesignation

Hopefully they'll get a linux server application out for it, but saying that - they do plan to have higher population caps!
  14. Acherous

Acherous New Member

Whenever i connect to herocube I'm unable to load the map, chat, or see other players. This just a me issue?
  15. Kainzo

the server cap is at 20. You'll have to wait for a spot to free up.
  16. JazzDesignation

When that happens, the server is full and you just get put into another world. You can't interact or use anything either, quite annoying really, but hey, it'll get sorted! One of the reasons i usually just play via LAN and VPN! Also, if the server disconnects, you will still be able to play on as the Client just emulates, but again you won't be able to use/interact with stuff
  17. Acherous

Acherous New Member

So i was playing herocube and some guy said something like who wants to level? someone said sure and this happened. http://puu.sh/3yLDB.jpg
  18. ZeZeene

Well, that definitely seems a bit overpowered and unlikely. What you you think, @Kainzo?
  19. Acherous

Acherous New Member

Yeah. I'm actually kind if annoyed. I wanted to legitimately level my guy them all the sudden BOOM. Level 30000
  20. Kainzo

Sigh. This is why running a public server with virtually no method to kick/combat hackers sucks.

Going to make a post about keeping daily backup's for your character.