Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Tyks Assassin build/guide

Discussion in 'General' started by Tyk, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Tyk

Tyk PvP Moderator

Rogue: Assassin
    Description: The assassin is the least played version of the rogue because it requires practice and skill to dodge and land hits on your target. If your hits miss it could be the end of the fight for you. Assassin relies on explosive damage, stuns, and good timed dodging.

Skill points:
    Since the Assassin relies on explosive damage and stuns this is how I'd recommend using your skill points. Using implies I am using the number of skill points myself.

Intercept:
    Suggested: 400-500
    Using: 450
    Cool down: 8.26s
    Reason: This skill will be one of your primary skills. You want this up as often as possible because of its stun and incredible damage.

Sneak:
    Suggested: 5-100
    Using: 5
    Cool down: N/A
    Reason: Sneak for an Assassin is rendered useless because of camouflage and the ability to gain stealth while using M1 attacks. The fact of the matter is camouflage being a moving combat stealth is much more useful then sneak. (Note this only applies for the time being, I am sure eventually it'll become useful).

Camouflage:
    Suggested: +500
    Using: 500
    Cool down: 30.59s
    Duration: 19.76s
    Reason: This skill is the gem of Assassins. Often I feel this skill is overlooked. With this skill you are constantly gaining MP (know as Spirit in Cubeworld) allowing you to nearly spam M2. While in Camouflage you gain, increased critical, increased damage, and MP build up as mentioned above. Because of this combos with Intercept are vital to an Assassin damage. It is ideal for an Assassin to always have camouflage mode active.

Climbing:
    Suggested: 5
    Using: 5
    Reason: Even with only 5 in climbing your stamina while climbing improves incredibly. Leaving it at 5 keeps skill points you’ll need in other areas.

Hang Gliding:
    Suggested: 10-50
    Using: 38
    Reason: Hang gliding is a must have for an Assassin. It’ll help you move faster and move out of harm’s way while fighting heavy hitters like Warriors or Ninjas. A good note about hang gliding is while using a tempo build your hang gliding also obtains the speed from your stacked up tempo. Eg: If using wind spirits while in combat the more hits you get the faster you’ll move and attack. Be warned this doesn’t last forever.

Weapons:
    Weapons are entirely ones personal ability and preference.

Long sword: The long sword is easily the most powerful weapon as an Assassin. From my experiences while playing Assassin long sword proves to give off the most explosive damage out of any weapon the Assassin can use. Using Camouflage to build up 100 Mp then casting intercept automatically uses up your MP and casts M2 wreaking havoc on any opponent you manage to hit. A down side of long sword is it has the same reach as daggers making it a challenge to get that hit you need to kill your opponent.

Fists: Fists are the mobbing weapon for Assassin. M2 being able to hit multiple enemies 360 degrees around you, plus having a relatively good change at stunning them with upwards of 700-1000 damage while having +100% critical makes fists a viable optionfor an Assassin. Using Camouflage with fists allows for nearly endless use of the M2 move which at low Mp can dish out a nice 200-250 damage to each enemy within range. Fists are definitely great for multi-combat PvP.

Daggers: Daggers as of right now seem to be broken. The M2 skills poison looking effect does no damage. However even while being broken if you can time your dodges correctly daggers can be equal to that of the power of fists doing nearly 800-1200 damage with M2. If you plan on trying daggers I’d suggest stocking up on tempo. The way I use daggers personally is kiteing my opponent around while Mp builds up then going in for a 100Mp M2 hit and then an intercept. If you stack tempo while doing this your movement speed becomes only comparable to scouts swiftness leaving your enemy running around while you control the fight. Be warned the movement speed won’t last forever.

Armor stats:
    Assassin is a very versatile class. It’s really up to the player to figure out what style best suits them. Personally the two setups I use are as follows

Setup 1:Glass cannon breaker. (Tempo)
    Weapon: Long sword
    16% Crit
    310% tempo
    Using this setup correctly will do little base damage but fast enough to kill any weaker armored class, even warriors from time to time. This build relies on stuns more than anything with one stun you’ll be able to take 90% of your opponent’s heath or even kill them in some cases. This setup is also the setup that gives you movement speed only comparable to scouts Swiftness.

Setup 2:Explosive Damage.
    Weapon: Fist/long sword
    +100% crit
    +200% Tempo
    When using this setup you’ll become somewhat of an opportunist. Looking for holes to sneak into and explode huge amounts of damage onto your target. When using this setup you want intercept to be at the ready at all times. Because this setup lacks in tempo a lot of times you’ll want upward of +40 points in gliding for moving quickly and dropping your explosive damage onto players from above.

Extra: I am still testing new things out with Assassin. But so far I feel Assassin could be one of the deadliest classes, alas making it one of the hardest to control.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. grey

grey Member

Grey water mage guide
    step 1 let enemy come up to you
    step 2 let enemy hit you so they think they good and will kill you
    step 3 use everything and kill ;D
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tyk

Tyk PvP Moderator

Lol, so that's what I've been doing wrong!! xD
  4. Xeraphobiac

Xeraphobiac PvP Moderator

I jut thought I'd say that Intercept does not simply "look" like it casts M2; it actually casts M2 either upon collision with a neutral/hostile entity or ad the end of its animation.
  5. Tyk

Tyk PvP Moderator

I know, this is how the Assassin has so much explosive damage. I haven't figured out all of the details about how the damage done by the intercept + M2 combo is calculated, I am not sure if it's the same as normal M2 and the amount of MP matters or not. I believe it does because the Mp built up is used but I am not sure.