Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

I'd like the sexism to stop in Herocube.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Suggestions' started by Artic, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Artic

Artic New Member

Today I was playing, just 1v1ing. Then Cupcake came on, Xeno and some other gentlemen started verbally harassing her. Xeno started by saying she was his "Bae" and explaining to her how she is his "Bae." Multiple times she said to stop such as "go away weirdo" and "leave me alone" yet they continued. I'd like for there to be some sort of rule or punishment for sexism. Thank you for your time.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Arya

Arya Member

This is completely ridiculous and I have no idea why you are posting about this, but I guess I have to defend myself. And you always say I need "proof" for whatever I say, so here we go.

The definition of sexism.
    sex·ism
    ˈsekˌsizəm/
    noun
    1. prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
    --from Google

How was what I was doing any form at all of sexism? Prejudice? No. Stereotyping? Did I say anything typical of girls? No. Discrimination? Did I treat her unjustly based on her gender? Could be debated. She said to stop, you said, but all I saw out of her was, "No xeno. Just no." Other people like Sora I guess were saying things to her and she told them to stop but it certainly was not directed towards me, as I was not participating in the conversation when she said that. So I didn't think I was treating her unjustly. Another point of yours was me calling her my bae. Tonight I connected and I saw some guy asking cupcake if she was single or not. I said "she's mine back off c:" just as a joke and then I elaborated to try and be funny. I saw a lot of people getting amusement out of what I was saying, such as darking and venom, so I continued until I started talking to JWolf on steam about other things at which point I wasn't talking in chat. I don't really get how "bae" is sexist at all. Let's look at the definition.

The Meaning of BAE
    BAE means "Baby"

"If its popular belief that its short for babe...then its short for babe."

--from internetslang.com and reddit.com

How the fuck is that sexist? How is that any different from anything anyone would call their boyfriend/girlfriend? It's just a street term, I don't know how in the world you derived sexism from that. Like seriously, I cannot understand that. Are you just trying to pull every single piece of available information that COULD MAYBE be evidence that I was being sexist? I was making a fucking JOKE and it was for once FUNNY. Now you had to whine and make this entire act out of it that tried to make it look like I was a sexist. Maybe funny things are a foreign language to you, I don't know why you had to take that seriously. I don't know to what extent cupcake was upset, but I'm one hundred percent positive it wasn't because of me making a joke about being her boyfriend when I obviously wasn't. I know that she didn't take that seriously, why did you have to? Are you trying to get me in trouble or something? Honestly you did not have to say my name in that post. You could have just said "some people on the server tonight were saying things to cupcake." Why did you have to say that I did it? What do you have against me? Now I had to type this just to defend myself because otherwise people would think I was mean to girls because of you Artic. Thanks for wasting my time.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  3. Echo 6

Echo 6 Member

Xeno you can't be saying this is ridiculous after all your concerns and problems with people in the past. I'm not actively moderating at the moment since I have family in town, and Tacos is out of town, so Kainzo can settle this one.

http://herocube.net/threads/double-clan-tag.558/ <- ridiculous.
  4. Artic

Artic New Member

First of, you're getting amusement off of harassing a female. Would you treat her different if she was a male? Would you call her your bae and being ignorant of her comfortableness? Could you not see how torn her feelings was because of foolish immature kids as yourself? Open your eyes Xeno. Multiple people were harassing her as well as yourself. I've seen the most messed up stuff in cw today in that chat. Want to know what you caused Xeno? I wont quote from quote this because of the ridiculousness of his comment most likely inspired by what you find humorousness. He said along the lines of wanting to insert himself into her.. I wont go on with that because its just immoral as hell! How could you be so blind Xeno? She could've been a 11 yr old for all we know and she's getting all these immoral comments shoved inside her head. Cube World is supposed to be a game for everyone to enjoy. But not girls in your mindset eh? I was bewildered by the fact that people could act like that to such a individual such as herself. She seriously wouldn't want to talk to anyone after what occurred and left! Please know when to stop after its gone to far Xeno. This was not wasting your time Xeno, I'm trying to make Herocube a better place for every gender and race, and to start it off I would like to express the importance of sexism. Shall I ask Cupcake on what her opinion is on this matter? Will she say " oh its all good" I bet you she won't even get close to saying anything close to those words. She did say stop, I will repeat myself. "Go away weirdo" AND "leave me alone." That goes to ALL of those who were harassing her. Yes, that means you too Xeno. I need not be lectured by some immature infant. I know what sexism is, and I saw it at it's best. That was basically CYBER BULLYING! For crying out loud, how could you not see the importance of this Xeno?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Artic

Artic New Member

Thank you for your reply Ethan, good luck to you.
  6. Arya

Arya Member

I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HAVING SEX WITH ANYONE. HOW DARE YOU BRING THAT UP WHEN NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED. I don't know if you noticed but I WASNT THERE when other people were "harassing" cupcake, so I could not "see how much her feelings were torn." I have no idea what the fuck she even said about being legit upset, the only things I saw her type were her calling me weird and saying "just no." I could "be so blind" because I DIDNT SEE IT. The only thing I myself did was make a joke about being cupcake's boyfriend, which everyone knows is impossible, so why did you have to take that seriously? I don't know what other people said to cupcake and I have no idea how you could relate that to the harmless things I said, because I DONT CONTROL ANYONE ELSE BUT MYSELF. Why are you trying to target me? Why do we need Kainzo? I made a joke and then I guess some other people said stuff to a girl that made her upset. Artic, why are you blaming me for most of this when I had not very much to do with it? Echo, did you even read my comment? Seriously, do you have something against me artic and are you trying to have people take action against me.

Echo if you're talking about when sleep faked my guild to piss me off and when blui, sleep, and syntax tried to get me banned for no reason I don't know how you can say that. I'm starting to think that you don't care what I say but no matter what you'll disagree.
  7. Artic

Artic New Member

Xeno calm down please, I didn't say YOU said that.. I said the other guy most likely influenced by your sick sense of humor. I'm saying you because YOU triggered it! Why must you call her bae and saying you dated her sense she was born, when she REPEATEDLY asked you to stop. You were disturbing her and she let it be known on multiple occasions but you kept on. You were to there, I saw you typing whilst others put immoral fantasies in play. I don't have anything against you Xeno. In fact I use to think of you as a friend at one point. Notice how I normally don't post anything in hc? Well now I did, I wasn't going to stand by on this one Xeno. This was to inappropriate to let it slide. I am going to argue against you on this one Xeno.
  8. Arya

Arya Member

Okay art, I admire that you're trying to be respectful and I will try and be more like that too. So it was a little unclear, at least to me, in your comment how someone said something about sex. To tell the truth I was in a steam voice chat with JWolf at the time that she was being harassed I guess (idk exactly when because I didn't see it in the chat but when I came back everyone was telling me that cupcake was upset) and I was not paying attention to the chat then, just to our call and you can confirm that with wolf himself. So yes, I didn't see it. And once again, I don't control other people. If they decided to act stupidly based off of my joke then that's their decision, but I was not one of the people who made cupcake feel upset and that was not and will never be my goal, to make someone upset just because they're a girl.
  9. cupcake

cupcake Member

now that i have been looking at xeno's replies he clearly doesn't think he harassed me (yet he did) when the some guy named 'shaddow' came on he said "yo cupcake you single?" but BEFORE I COULD ANSWER xeno butted in and said: "no she is mine!" (something like that) and i felt as if xeno wasn't thinking and im still wait for an apology.
  10. Arya

Arya Member

Cupcake I'm sorry that you feel upset about what I said. I did not mean for you to feel that way from it and it was only meant to be funny, because I'm obviously not your boyfriend. I did not know that you would take offense.

Edit:
    ha·rass·ment
    həˈrasm(ə)nt,ˈharəsm(ə)nt/
    noun
    1. aggressive pressure or intimidation.

That's really not what I did, sorry. Saying that I was your boyfriend for a joke (I was obviously not serious because I was typing in idiot language, spelling everything wrong) is not harassment. I'll have everyone know that I have done this before multiple times to Blindeye and Omeruo but they were cool with it, which shows that it wasn't me but the other people who said things to cupcake that really caused this.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  11. Artic

Artic New Member

I believe you Xeno. But hear me out please. You did make her uncomfortable and she let it be known, did she not? But you continued on. I'm truly sorry that this happened Cupcake, this shouldn't happened to anybody in such a game environment as this. Xeno you can be cool from time to time but this time was just immoral! I even butted in and told somebody to shut the f*** up because it was so mean! Remember what you said about this being a community and all about friends and fun and life style? Well you sir, are a fool to go back on your own words and hurt someone like that. Is it possible for a mod to retrieve the crude language that was spoken and show it to you?
  12. cupcake

cupcake Member

thank you.
  13. Arya

Arya Member

If I knew she was being offended I would have stopped. I told you in my previous comments that I did not know/see that she wanted me to stop. The answer to your question is no. You don't need to apologize for me like I'm your kid or something. Like I said I did not know she was being hurt.
  14. Artic

Artic New Member

I believe you Xeno. I'm not apologizing for you, I'm apologizing to her for such a thing to happen when there was nothing I could do to help her. Now if you don't have more to add, I'd like to leave this to Kainzo if he would be nice enough to devote his time into this. I'm sorry for wasting your time Kainzo, I just wanted to express my feelings on this subject. All I can ask of you Xeno, is to be more aware of others feelings.
  15. Arya

Arya Member

From what I've heard Kainzo is overly busy with other things which is why he hasn't been online, why do you need him anyway? Do you want him to ban me or is it just for to make a new rule?

Edit: OMG YOU PLAY DIABLO 3 WHAT
  16. Artic

Artic New Member

I don't want you to be banned Xeno. I just want something to help deflect the sexism and vulgar language as such that happened today.

I've tried getting you guys to play with me ;-;
  17. Arya

Arya Member

D: did I block you on Skype I forgot
    We should play sometime
  18. Artic

Artic New Member

You have RoS?!
    You blocked me?! </3
    My heart may never mend.
  19. Arya

Arya Member

Don't know what RoS is but add me on diablo 3 it's tozkof
    Idk if I blocked you go check
  20. Artic

Artic New Member

Reaper of Souls, the new expansion. Alright, next time I get on you'll have to tell me your battle tag.

Good night all, the best of luck to all.