Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Cooldown for potions!

Discussion in 'General' started by hullunmylly, Sep 11, 2013.

1. hullunmylly

hullunmylly New Member

I'm getting frustrated with people like vivalio and mizzy who teleport away twice and drink 3 pots when the get to 3/4 of their health, they're impossible to kill. 20 second break between rounds would be a great time for no cooldown. No hate, much love.
    -furious hullunmylly

EDIT: Also a good way to debuff potions would be to make the player sit while drinking. As I'm not a coder or anything I don't know what is possible and what is not.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mindz

Mindz New Member

Good idea. Do the same with healing. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ZeZeene

ZeZeene The Technomancer Supporter IV

We have tried this, and sadly it turned out to be nigh-impossible to do right now, as it would require us to asynchronously perform a non-thread safe operation. (AKA: it acts all derpy and just doesn't really work)

However, we are currently playing with the idea of just disabling all potions/food entirely, with the Water Mage being the only class that is able to heal because of it's skill, albeit a bit less to prevent them from being nearly unkillable.
    What would your opinions on this be?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mindz

Mindz New Member

Maybe only disable potions and make water mages only able to heal other players
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sickkness

Sickkness Member

Yeah, i dont want to blame anyone but, why the fuck everyone keep focusing on those damn potions/heal problems !!! Once it was said that a new update will come, with a new biome and stuff ? still waiting for that. Its not like im mad that you dont rush this project like shit, and you have rl too but it would be nice if the staff would do some post were they say if its going on or if they have problems with scripting and stuff. Cuz about three weeks ago, the topic was pretty famous, and then it sank all the way down and was left behind (or i never heard something in that way again, even i was online most of the time). And coming to your question zeene, removing everything would be not good. Removing pots? yes please! but not the food (which is actually useless in fighting cuz you cannot move)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nara

Nara PvP Moderator

Disable Pots and not food, cause it's the only way to sit down. c:
    and maybe nerf the healing of the water mage again?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kainzo

Kainzo Disposable Hero Supporter IV

I understand your frustration. We are VERY limited on what we can do server-side and "force" the client to accept/believe. This is a programming issue caused by Wollay. In order to successfully remove potion use we'd have to develop very hacky work-arounds that can be very taxing to the server hardware.

Also, if anyone knows some good python developers, sending them are way ;)
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Kainzo

I say disable it all if we have to, but potions, gliders, etc are lame and just make an easy out for a player that just wants to prolong death / wait.
  9. Mindz

Mindz New Member

not disable gliders :(
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sickkness

Sickkness Member

This is a quite wrong answer. You have to develop huge skills to combine skills, working when you´re gliding. And also, i do it not to prolong death, no. Its more a useful technique to surpass other players Kainz-senpai. You have to admit that rogue on the battleground would literally disappear if you would remove the glider. Because, gliding is the only possible way to escape for rogue. do you know how much unbalancement would come up ? Mages would be the most op chara´s caused by their ability to move from A to B, Rangers would be more played too because they can run fast (but high cooldown). If you would remove the gliders, you would push up the mage till infinity. And many players would stop visiting our server.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Kainzo

I disagree, I think rogues can use other skills to escape the battlefield. They have two abilities that force them in different directions. Even without gliders, as a rogue I can outrun any class unless they use gliders.

While we won't be disabling gliders, I think they should have less utility.
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nara

Nara PvP Moderator

I completly agree....but if only intercept doesn't break :D , which happens a lot (for me) :(
  13. hullunmylly

hullunmylly New Member

It would be cool to try playing without gliders, but it would remove alot of skill factor and there would need to be quite alot of re-balancing. Possibly a good thing would be opening of new tactics since it would not be as much trying to avoid damage and burst a high DPS at your opponent whilst his or her stamina is low and is in need of regen.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ratheen

Ratheen New Member

Personally i think nerfing gliders would be a good idea however it would limit the ability of slower classes eg warrior to actually catch/keep up with classes like the rouge and archer. Also disabling pots is a bad idea in my opinion, yes you'll get the odd annoying mid combat potter (I've been there and seen the light) however leaving people without the ability to heal after a battle... I'm not sure how good that would be on another topic are the hitboxes/aiming system for ninja stars slightly broken or am i just lagging because they allways seem to hit me when im not even standing where they threw them.
  15. Hex

Hex New Member

Or, and this is just a suggjestion, potting should only be allowed after a certain amount of time away from combat(ex. 8 seconds) That way no one could be god-like while fighting. Then, people just gotta beg for a water mage to be arround when foes.comme along.