Welcome to Herocube! You can login with your Herocraft Online username and password.

Proposed Etiquette

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by TheNinth, Jul 15, 2013.

1. TheNinth

TheNinth Developer PvP Moderator

I think that there should be a standard set for arranging trades so that we can understand each other more efficiently.

This is my Proposed Etiquette:
    The thread title should include either [BUYING] or [SELLING] followed by the associated item.
    (buying should be used when you want an item from someone, and selling should be used when you want to get rid of something)

The thread post should consist of the following information:
    • Willing to trade for: give a list of things that you would be willing to trade for your stated item to make it easier for people to decide on a price.
    • Available times: state the times at which you are available to make the transaction. This is very important for players to be able to meet up properly. Make sure to state your timezone, too.
    • Contact via: state a preferred method of contact, maybe "PM via forums", or "IRC", or "in game chat". Could even just be "in this post".
    Now use it.

Imporant message from @ZeZeene:
    You have to keep in mind that, no matter how much we try to prevent it, some people will neglect to deliver their part of the deal or just blatantly swindle the other person. It's a lot harder to track swindlers down and punish them appropriately when the deal is made through IRC, especially because chatlogs can be forged with relatively little effort.
    On top if that, allowing the contents of Private Messages to be read by people other than it's participants is not natively supported in XenForo and the various addons which allow you to do so have not yet been updated to the current version of our forum software.

At the current moment in time the only "safe" way to trade seems to be by posting all parts of making the deal in a public topic. While it's not specifically disallowed to make trades through other channels (not like we can stop you), doing so is strongly discouraged and if you do get ripped off we cannot offer you any support.
    Once again, when planning a trade, please do so in a public topic. If your partner breaks part of the deal, providing us with screenshots would also help provide the evidence necessary to act.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. Tyk

Tyk PvP Moderator

Great! I think these are prefect. However the 'Story' part is a little strange. I can foresee a lot of "Mob dropped, don't need so selling"
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jasquan

Jasquan Member

:(

TBH, I agree with Fatty, there shouldn't be a story part. It's not like you really CARE why a merchant on the street is selling apples right? I mean, he would sell them because he needs money, or other useful materials.
    I'll probably end up trading items for materials like Heartflower.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheNinth

TheNinth Developer PvP Moderator

I think I'll go and remove it now.
    You make good arguments.
  5. ZeZeene

ZeZeene The Technomancer Supporter IV

Considering that Cube World can be played pretty much anywhere, perhaps it'd be best if all timezones listed in a trade are relative to GMT/UTC. Not a whole lot of people will know what MSK+2 is, so just stating that as GMT+6 will be a whole lot easier for everyone.

You have to keep in mind that, no matter how much we try to prevent it, some people will neglect to deliver their part of the deal or just blatantly swindle the other person. It's a lot harder to track swindlers down and punish them appropriately when the deal is made through IRC, especially because chatlogs can be forged with relatively little effort.
    On top if that, allowing the contents of Private Messages to be read by people other than it's participants is not natively supported in XenForo and the various addons which allow you to do so have not yet been updated to the current version of our forum software.

At the current moment in time the only "safe" way to trade seems to be by posting all parts of making the deal in a public topic. While it's not specifically disallowed to make trades through other channels (not like we can stop you), doing so is strongly discouraged and if you do get ripped off we cannot offer you any support.
    Once again, when planning a trade, please do so in a public topic. If your partner breaks part of the deal, providing us with screenshots would also help provide the evidence necessary to act.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Kainzo

Kainzo Disposable Hero Supporter IV

7. BenSenpai

BenSenpai New Member

You should probably not just include the name of the item but also the type of item it is so people know what it is you are looking for / Selling to help make the process faster and when selling weapons and armor include the stats IE: Power level armor health ect. this will also help people from getting ripped off as the amount of cloth armor with different stats is uncountable. Also if its a rare item, a item with a colored name, it should also be stated, weather if your buying or selling. When buying items there's always a chance nobody will have it and maybe someone will try to get it for you at an increased price so this will help that person find it easier. Finally if the item has been "Adapted" or "Enchanted" it should be noted as this may be the make or break for some buyers.